I’ve been so busy the last few weeks that I haven’t had time to update anything. But I finally got around to finishing this post and have been dying to share this cupcake recipe with you! I love love love carrot cake and this is one of the best carrot cake recipes I’ve come across so far. The extra pineapple tidbits ensure that the cake is moist and extra delicious!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 eggs (room temperature)
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 tsp vanilla
(1 can) 8.25 oz crushed pineapple, drained (you may want to keep the pineapple juice for step 4 though)
2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 4-5 carrots)
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line muffin/cupcake pan with liners.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl thoroughly with a whisk or electric mixer.
4. Add in the remaining ingredients one at a time and stir until combined. If you find that the batter is too dry and doesn’t seem like cake batter, you may want to add in the pineapple juice from the tidbit can.
5. Fill the liners with batter so that it is about 1/2 full.
6. Bake for 23 minutes, give or take a few minutes or until solid. Let the cupcakes cool before frosting.