I love avocado like none other.
Honestly, I can’t remember when I started loving it but I’m pretty sure there was a time in my childhood that I wasn’t so appreciative of this fruit. But now, I absolutely love it. I love it in my sandwiches, as guacamole, and also just by the spoonful so when I started seeing eggs being baked inside becoming all the rage, I just had to try it.
One morning, I had some extra time on my hands and I had some avocados in the fridge so I decided the time was right. I had some eggs in the fridge and a tomato. Aside from that, I wasn’t sure what else I could eat with the avocado and egg without having to go out and buy ingredients. I remember reading somewhere that feta cheese could go really well and I happened to have some so I took that out too. This recipe is super simple and as long as you have eggs and avocados, you may not even need to run out to the grocery store. You could definitely put anything you want on the avocado/egg but I just used ingredients I happened to have on hand and it turned out delicious!
Baked Egg in Avocado
1 Ripe Avocado (sliced in half,pit removed)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of the avocado from the center so when the egg you crack will fit in there.
3. Season each avocado half with salt and pepper to your liking and then place them on a pan.
4. Crack one egg in each half being careful to let the yolk out first and then filling the rest of the crater with egg white. It’s absolutely okay if it runs out of the crater.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. This really will vary depending on the size of your avocado and eggs. Make sure the egg whites are completely cooked through when they set and you can remove the avocados from the oven whenever you’d like. I prefer my egg yolk just a tad bit runny still but if you like your egg completely cooked through, leave them in a little longer.
6. While the avocados are busy baking, dice some tomatoes. You can also use salsa if you’d like. When the avocados are done baking, place your desired amount of tomatoes on the top as well as feta cheese.